The Southwest Hub has been operating since January 2014. The Hub connects individuals in southwest Saskatchewan, who are in situations of acutely elevated risk to services within 24 to 48 hours.
What is the Hub?
- The Hub is an interactive-multi-agency approach that is meant to deliver services to those in need before they enter criminality or experience serious difficulty in other areas.
- The focus is on providing interventions within 24 to 48 hours to emerging situations which are brought forward by front line workers.
- The Hub team meets once weekly and is comprised of designated personnel from participating agencies.
- Representatives participate in HUB to identify social problems, offer services to those of elevated risk, and work together better.
Who sits at the Southwest Hub?
- Chinook School Division
- Cypress Health Region
- Holy Trinity School Division
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Social Services
- Great Plains College
- City of Swift Current (Co-chair)
- Swift Current Community Youth Initiative (Co-chair)
Many other communities within the province have also Hubs including:
- Prince Albert
- La Ronge
- North Battleford
- Moose Jaw
- Weyburn/Estevan Region
- Meadow Lake
To find out more or to make a referral to the Southwest Hub contact:
Jan Pogorzelec at 306-778-9200 ext. 3207 or email email@example.com